To continue prioritizing the safety of our patients, employees, and community, COVID-19 prevention protocols remain in place at all Artesian Valley Health System healthcare facilities. COVID-19 prevention protocols are based on guidelines per the Centers of OSHA, Medicare\Medicaid (CMS), and KDHE. These protocols include: masking, social distancing, frequent handwashing, and visitor restrictions. AVHS is asking that only the patient with a scheduled appointment or service enter our healthcare facilities. If the patient is a minor, one parent may accompany them. If the patient needs assistance, one support person may accompany them. Despite being vaccinated, all patients and support persons’ will be required to wear a mask upon entrance of our healthcare facilities and at all times while inside the facility. If the individual cannot wear a mask for medical reasons, accommodations will be made. All individuals will go through a screening process upon entry, which include a temperature check, symptom check, and a COVID-19 exposure history questionnaire. While in our healthcare facilities we ask everyone to maintain social distancing from others and frequently sanitize their hands throughout their visit. Visiting hours and restrictions are outlined below. Limited exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis.
Meade District Hospital Visitor Restrictions:
- Patients are allowed two visitors above the age of eighteen during visiting hours.
- Visiting hours:
2:00 PM – 4:00 PM- Must use the front entrance of the hospital
7:00 PM – 8:30 PM- Must use the emergency room entrance
Use the ER entrance on weekends, nights, and holidays
Lone Tree Retirement Center Visitor Restrictions:
- LTRC grants residents to have indoor, outdoor, window, and virtual visitations. During visiting hours, residents are permitted four visitors above the age of eighteen or two visitors above the age of eighteen and four children at once. If the number of visitors exceed this limit, LTRC personnel will arrange an outdoor visitation, weather permitting.
- Upon entering LTRC, all visitors above the age of 5 are required to wear a mask. If the resident and all visitors are vaccinated, masks may be removed in the resident’s room.
- If a resident shares a room, LTRC personnel will arrange a designated visitation area.
- The resident’s family may take the resident on a car ride, but not to a public setting.
- Visiting hours:
8:00 AM – 8:00 PM- No visitors during meal times
- Please call LTRC and schedule a visitation on weekends and after 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
All services at Artesian Valley Health System remain open and available to our patients and community. During this pandemic, AVHS continues to deliver high quality care to all patients. Caring for and protecting our patients, families, employees, and community is of the utmost importance.
AVHS would like to thank our patients, and visitors for their understanding and cooperation with these prevention protocols. Your cooperation in observing these protocols is appreciated and will help us provide a safe environment that is necessary to continue to welcome patients and visitors to our hospital, long term care unit, and rural health clinics.
About Artesian Valley Health System:
Artesian Valley Health System is a local nonprofit organization in Meade, KS, and serves the healthcare needs of the surrounding communities through Meade District Hospital, Meade, Montezuma, and Plains Rural Health Clinics, and Lone Tree Retirement Center.
To learn more about Artesian Valley Health System, visit our website at www.avhealthsystem.com.
Follow AVHS on our social media sites:
AVHS Marketing Manager
(620) 873-7640Leave a reply