To get a copy of your medical records, you must be 18 years of age; otherwise, the legal parent or guardian must make the request.
Information regarding the retrieval of your health information:
Patients and third-party requestors can retrieve medical records for patients at Meade District Hospital. The following information will assist you when requesting your health information:
- Please provide sufficient patient information
- All names used, date of birth, social security number
- The date of service – exact date or general time frame
- The information you need – abstract chart, entire or individual report
- An abstract chart includes: a discharge summary, history/physical, labs, radiology, operative reports, procedure notes, EKG, consultations, and any other tests performed.
- Radiology reports include: X-rays, CT, MRI, Doppler, Mammography, and any other scans (these are reports only; for actual films, contact medical records for all requests, including actual copies on CDs)
To complete a request, no signed authorization is required this can be verbal, along with a valid form of identification required. Your records will be delivered to you in the format you request. In cases where the patient cannot request records, a legal power of attorney may request these with proper identification.
We will complete requests in the order in which they are received. All requests are processed promptly; however, certain circumstances may cause delays in processing. Records stored off-site may take longer to provide.
For more information or to begin the request process, please contact us at (620) 873-7543.