To get a copy of your medical records, you must be 18 years of age; otherwise, the legal parent or guardian must make the request.
Information regarding the retrieval of your health information:
Patients and third party requestors can retrieve medical records for patients at Meade District Hospital. The following information will assist you when requesting your health information:
- Please provide sufficient patient information
- All names used, date of birth, social security number
- The date of service – exact date or general time frame
- The information you need – abstract chart, entire or individual report
- An abstract chart includes: discharge summary, history/physical, labs, radiology, operative reports, procedure notes, EKG, consultations and any other tests performed
- Radiology reports include: X-rays, CT, MRI, Doppler, Mammography and any other scans (these are reports only; for actual films contact the radiology department)
In order to complete a request, an authorization signed by the patient along with a valid form of identification is required. Patients are encouraged to pick up records for themselves. In cases where the patient is unable to sign the authorization, a legal power of attorney must be provided.
We will complete requests in the order in which they are received. All requests are processed in a timely manner; however, certain circumstances may cause delays in processing. Records stored off-site may take longer to provide.
For more information, or to begin the request process, please contact us at (620) 873-7543.